How to unlock awards
As you make progress with completion of assignments, you will unlock awards!
You will receive notifications as you make progress towards earning the award.
To track your progress, access the Progress view by clicking the award icon. You will see all the awards you have won, as well as all those you can still win by completing activities and assignments correctly. You can earn badges and uncover surprises by progressing through activities.
There are three Progress Awards issued for progress in a course. They will be unlocked when a student completes 1/3 of the activities, 2/3 of the activities, and 100% of the activities.
- Each award is visible from the beginning but is covered with “slime”. The slime progressively uncovers the hidden image the closer the student gets to the goal.
- Each time the image gets clearer and covered with less slime, an encouraging message will pop up next to the progress navigation icon.
- When the award is uncovered, the slime will “explode” on the screen.
There are three Skills Awards issued for good performance in a course. They will be unlocked when:
- The student has scored 100% on 20% of all the activities in the course.
- The student has scored 100% on 40% of all activities in the course.
- The student has scored 100% on 60% of all activities in the course.
Each award is visible from the beginning, but is covered with “slime”. The “slime” uncovers the hidden video in four phases. Each time more of the video gets uncovered, an encouraging message pops up next to the progress navigation icon.
After one award has been issued, the counting for the next award starts again from 0%.
When the last blob of slime “explodes,” the award (a hidden video) will be shown. After that, the award will display. You can close the pop-up screen, and you can always go back and click on each of the awards received to see them in full screen.