Why Do I Receive an Error when trying to Install the CPT CD-ROM?
When attempting to install the Classroom Presentation Tool on a CD-ROM you can receive an error message:
Sorry, an error has occurred.
The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
You can resolve this issue by doing the following:
- Quit the installer.
- Open the date and time preferences on your computer.
- Right click on the date in the Taskbar.
- Click Adjust date/time.
- On the right hand side of the window, click Additional date, time & regional settings.
- Click Set the time and date and then Change date and time.
- Change the date on your computer to October 29, 2017, or prior.
- Watch the screen and make sure the time doesn’t correct itself. Usually this can happen after about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Disable the network connection while in the first step.
- If you have a Windows operating system (not for MAC users), you will need to run Command Prompt from the Start Menu and enter the following: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe” -ignoreExpiredCertificateTimestamp
This will prompt you to select the Installer file you want to run (installer.exe).
- Run the installer again (installer.exe).
- When the installer completes, launch the application.
- When you have ensured that the application launches as expected, update your computer to today’s date and time.