Why is my CPT not working in Mac OS 10.15 Catalina? How can I fix it?
Legacy CPT delivered on a CD/DVD
Mac OS 10.15 Catalina does not support 32 bit applications. Our legacy CPTs delivered on a CD/DVD are 32 bit applications. For instructions on how to upgrade to the newest edition, please contact your sales representative.
CPT delivered on a USB
Classroom Presentation Tool might not be able to install on iOS Mac Catalina (10.15) due to Apple’s third party developer block. In macOS Catalina, when an app fails to install because it hasn’t been notarized or is from an developer not identified by Apple, it will appear in System Preferences > Security & Privacy, under the General tab. Click Open Anyway to confirm your intent to open or install the app.
The warning prompt reappears, and you can click Open.*
The app is now saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it, just as you can any authorized app.
*If you’re prompted to open Finder: control-click the app in Finder, choose Open from the menu, and then click Open in the dialog that appears. Enter your admin name and password to open the app.
If still facing difficulties, follow the instructions below:
From Mac High Sierra onwards, some of our CPT’s will not be able to install on these systems due to Apple’s 3rd party developer block. There is a workaround to allow Users to install.
- Open the Terminal app from the /Applications/Utilities/ folder and then enter the following command syntax:
2. Hit return and authenticate with an admin password.
3. Relaunch System Preferences and go to “Security & Privacy” and the “General” tab.
4. You will now see the “Anywhere” option under ‘Allow apps downloaded from:’ Gatekeeper options.
5. Now Control-click the CPT app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
6. Click Open.